ESO Announces Update 40 Details On Endless Archives!
ESO Announced via Twitch Live Stream the first public details of Update 40. Continuing the Shadow Over Morrowing storyline for 2023, Update 40 will be available for PC/Mac on October 30 and Xbox/Playstation on November 14.
PTS testing is set to begin on Monday, September 18 and the patch note reading will be on the Xynode Twitch Channel Monday as well.
During the live stream, we got some great details and a few sneak peaks. More details will be coming soon but here’s an overview.
The Endless Archive will be available as a base game update to anyone. Special rewards will be available and ESO Plus members will receive additional bonuses.
Endless Archives can be played solo, with a friend, or with a companion. Over 60 bosses will appear in the Endless Archive from all across Tamriel. Every run will be different. There are no normal or veteran versions. Endless Archives are not timed events. There will be leaderboards for both duos and solos.
Here is ESO’s teaser trailer.
Grand Master Crafting Stations
If you’ve been to a guild house with crafting stations, you know that there are a TON of them! Update 40 will simplify that system! New Grand Master Crafting Stations will be available for purchase with Writs. Each station, woodworking for example, can be ‘fed’ an attunable station. Then whatever armor sets is added to the Grand Master station will be available going forward.
Guild halls will become amazingly less crowded now with only 4 crafting stations (woodworking, blacksmithing, jewelry, and clothing) plus the two needed for alchemy and enchanting.
To make the jewelry skill line more in balance with all other crafting skills, the entire jewelry system will be revamped. More details will be coming, but grains will be converted to platings, and grains will no longer exist. With Update 40, your current inventory will be converted to the new system. Additionally crafting writs have also been reviewed to make them more in line with other crafting systems.
A new tool will be available called the Group Finder. This will allow you to create a group request for other players to respond to. You will have several options like specific dungeons, trials, zones, and even customizable areas. Set the difficulty if you so desire and add specific requirements. This should be a great help to console players who don’t have access of some of the PC addons. Jokingly, it should also cut down on the zone chat in Craglorn!!!!
There will be a new monetary system introduced in Update 40 with the Endless Archive. Archival Fortunes will be rewarded. You can use Archival Fortunes and in some cases gold to purchase rewards from specialized vendors. These rewards can include armor, Tales of Tribute clues, and other goodies with more details coming soon.
New Armor Sets
We only got a sneak peek at the new armor sets. Please note that these are only PTS details. Expect there to be changes as testing continues. Here’s what we saw:
Wrathsun (Templar class)
- 2 items adds 121 weapon and spell damage
- 3 items adds 618 critical chance
- 4 items adds 121 weapon and spell damage
- 5 items when you deal damage with a Dawn’s Wrath ability, you gain a stack of Sunlight for 10 seconds, once per attack. You can have 50 stacks max and gain 12 magicka recovery per stack. When at max stacks, your Dawn’s Wrath abilities deal 25% bonus damage and a Wrathful Nova is cast on the enemy, but you cannot refresh Sunlight. When Sunlight expires at max stacks, you lose 50% of your current magicka.
Reawakened Hierophant (Arcanist class)
- 2 items adds 1058 maximum magicka
- 3 items adds 1058 maximum magicka
- 4 items adds 1058 maximum magicka
- 5 items casting a non-Ultimate Curative Runeform ability grans an effect for 6 seconds to your affected allies based on how many Crux you had. At 1 Crux, allies gain a damage shield that absorbs 3618 damage. At 2 Crux, allies gain Minor Heroism. At 3 Crux, allies gain Major Protection.
Soulcleaver (Nightblade class)
- 2 items adds 121 weaponand spell damage
- 3 items adds 1032 maximum magicka
- 4 items adds 121 weapon and spell damage
- 5 items while in combat and with at least 20 Ultimate, strengthen your Siphoning abilities at the cost of Ultimate. Increase the damage and healing the Siphoning abilities by 17% of your current Ultimate, up to 200, from a minimum of 3% to a maximum of 34%. Reducing the cost of Siphoning abilities by 15%. Casting a Siphoning ability drains you of 1% of your current Ultimate, with a minimum of 1.
Tales of Tribute
We got just a sneak peek at the name of the new Tales of Tribute deck – Academ’s Mora. We know that fragments can be earned in the Endless Archive and in some cases clues can be purchased from the new specialized vendors in the Endless Archive using the new currency, Archival Fortunes.
More Info Coming Soon!
With the upcoming patch notes release and the ability to see Update 40 in action, more details will be coming soon. Be sure to check back often.
Learn More About ESO
A lot of information is available on this website about The Elder Scrolls Online. The SEARCH tool at the top of each page can help you quickly locate specific topics. You can join me on Twitch, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to my YouTube channel for FREE! Looking for more information or need individualized assistance? Come and join me on Patreon.
You can earn the Chainsmasher achievement by defeating Cralys the Chainmaker and the Argonian Behemoth at Clamorclap Bowl from ESO’s Necrom Chapter.
A rebalancing of the jewelry crafting will help make it more in line with other crafting disciplines. Here’s what’s coming.
As you complete stages and cycles in the Endless Archive, you earn an opportunity to choose a unique boon. Let’s look at a few of them.
Status Pro – ONE BAR Magika Nightblade Build Written guide updated for : Update 39 Q3 2023 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99t1XURs2BA The Status Pro build is all about simplicity and efficiency in a very simple package! An easy way to default interrupt enemies, apply much needed status effects for you AND the group,