Elder Scrolls Online 2022 Adventure: High Isle The Legacy Of The Bretons
Uncharted Territory Awaits In 2022
We are exploring the never-before-seen island region of High Isle! This four-island chain of the Systres Archipelago including the High Isle region is located southwest of Daggerfall and northwest of Summerset. This ancient island area is considered to be the home of the stately Breton elite who are part elf and part human.
Learn More About The Bretons
The 3 Banners War left the area fractured by fighting for power and control over Cyrodiil and Imperial City while others dreamed to end the war. Secret peace talks began between the alliance delegates hosted by nobles in the island’s resort area. High Isle with its mediterranean waterfalls, imposing cliffs, and oceanside beaches allow Breton nobility and common folk to enjoy the medieval festivities while directly to the north of High Isle is the deadly and dense jungle island of Amenos.
Classic Armor Making A Comeback This Year
The year-long adventure and new storyline will be called the Legacy Of The Bretons. We’ll learn much more about the impressive Breton culture, noble knights, houses of politics, and we will see a return of classic armor in true Breton-style.
Ascending Tide will be the first of the DLCs to be released and is scheduled for March 14 on PC/Mac and Stadia while the console versions (both Xbox and Playstation) release wlll be March 29. We can expect the High Isle Chapter to be released on June 6 for PC/Mac and Stadia, and June 21 for the console release. Ascending Tide will bring us two new PVE dungeons, the Coral Aerie and the Shipwright’s Regret. There will be 40 achievements, 6 titles, and of course new dungeon armor sets.
Special Pre-Purchase Rewards Until April 4th
You can pre-purchase the High Isle chapter now and receive the Palefrost Elk mount and Palefrost Elk Fawn pet today! The pet is only available with pre-purchase and only until April 4th. Other items are included in the pre-purchase which you will receive at launch. This is the first chance we have to see the Abecean Privateer’s Apparel costume and the Knights of the Flame pup pet.
High Isle will bring us a new trial entitled Deadsail Reef where we will meet the Ascendant Order faction and the Dread Sail Pirates, two new Companions, Ember and Isobel, new world events called Volcanic Vents (similar to dolmens or dark anchors and abyssal geysers), and a new tavern card game called the Tales of Tribute.
New Card Game System Coming With High Isle Chapter
Unique rewards and collectibles can be won through the card game and there will even be a leaderboard. The new game system will be with the chapter release and after completing the starter quest you will unlock 4 starter decks. Exploration will earn and unlock new patron decks and also specialty cards. We expect more details to come soon. The Tales of Tribute will be about strategy rather than combat. Rewards can be won and lost and the play will be balanced.
Two New Companions Will Join Us
Companion Ember is a Khajiit with ‘moral flexibility’ and a knack for magic. Companion Isobel is an aspiring Breton knight who wants to always do the right thing. In order to obtain and use these companions, you must own the High Isle Chapter. Each will have their own unique storyline and each will have a unique personality.
Coral Aerie DLC Dungeon Coming Soon
Our first new DLC Dungeon to explore and conquer will Coral Aerie. Located in the northern area of Summerset, it has lots of caves and hideaways along the coastline. This is also the hideaway for part of the deadly Ascendant Order. The Ascendant Order is controlled by a very mean-looking Ascendant Lord. Perhaps this is the guy from the teaser video?
Shipwright’s Regret DLC Dungeon Coming Soon
The second new DLC Dungeon coming with the Ascending Tide release will be Shipwright’s Regret set in an old spooky shipyard with an ominous lighthouse trying to penetrate the fog.
While not a lot was released about these two exciting new dungeons, we do know that you can earn the Abysmal Embrace face marking from entering into either dungeon and the body markings can be obtained through completing one of the dungeons on veteran difficulty.
Update 33 Keeps Improving Our Quality Of Life
Additionally, two new emotes will be available. The first is called the Ocean Pearl and the second is the Frozen Shard.
The ESO Team also mentioned that a Cobalt dye can be earned along with 40 new achievements and 6 new titles. And speaking of achievements, coming with Update 33, most all achievements will be ACCOUNT WIDE. While Gina did mention that there are just a few exceptions like rune knowledge, motif knowledge, lore books read, skyshards found, and a couple others to be specifically detailed in the patch notes expected to be released on Monday.
A New Deconstruction Assistant
Update 33 will be a base game update free to all players. A welcome addition will be a new assistant named Giladil the Ragpicker who will act as our very first deconstruction assistant. She will be available from the Crown Store and will function much like the other available assistants. As with other updates, Update 33 will include bug fixes, small combat tweaks, and other behind-the-scenes improvements.
Prime Real Estate With Seaveil Spire
A new home with an underwater observatory will be available called the Seaveil Spire. This unique house will feature shipwrecks, coral structures, and lots of room for decorations. A 2-person mount is coming soon although it was noted that it may not be quite ready for Update 33. The mount is a Grand Pillion Draft Horse and can be shared with either a companion or a member of your group. We also expect to see the return of the 2-person Dwarven Spider.
Special Rewards For PVP
Mention was also made of 3 new Rewards For the Worthy PVP sets, 3 new Imperial City Monster sets, and earnable Dragon Guard Armor outfit style that can be obtained from the Imperial City Vaults. This was noted that this set will not be tradeable. It must be earned.
Ascending Tide Dungeon Sets
Lastly, but certainly not least, we got our first sneak peek at the new PVE Dungeon Sets. Remember that these are just going into the PTS system so changes may occur but let’s take a look at what each one is currently offering.
Glacial Guardian Set
- 2 items: Adds 1487 Armor
- 3 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 items: Adds 129 Health Recovery
- 5 items: When you Block an enemy within 8 meters of you, tether to them for 8 seconds. While tethered, you deal 368 Frost Damage every second to enemies touching the tether and cause them to have 200% increased Status Effect Chance. The tether breaks if the target moves more than 12 meters away. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds and the damage scales off your Max Health.
- 2 items: Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 3 items: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
- 4 items: Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 5 items: When you deal Critical Damage, you or an ally can activate Gryphon’s Reprisal on the enemy for 8 seconds causing a small gryphon to fly by and deal 14952 Bleed Damage over 10 seconds to enemies within 5 meters. This synergy can be applied once every 20 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
Maligalig’s Maelstrom Set
- 2 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 3 items: Adds 4% Healing Done
- 4 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 5 items: On overhealing yourself or a group member with a Direct Heal, apply Maligalig’s Maelstrom to the target for 6 seconds that deals Shock Damage to enemies within 7 meters. This damage is based on 33% of the overhealed amount up to 3300. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
Storm-Cursed Revenge Set
- 2 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 3 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 4 items: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
- 5 items: When you deal Shock Damage, you have a 15% chance to deal 1370 Shock Damage to the enemy and up to two other enemies within 5 meters. This effect scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
Turning Tide Set
- 2 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 3 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 5 items: When you Block, you gain Flowing Water for 10 seconds causing your next Bash attack to deal 3191 Magic Damage to up to 6 enemies in a 10-meter line, and apply Major Vulnerability for 10 seconds increasing their damage taken by 10%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off your Max Health.
Monster Set – Nazaray Set
- 1 item: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 2 items: When you use an Ultimate ability, the closest 6 enemies within 12 meters have all Damage Over Time, Major Debuffs, and Minor Debuffs applied to them extended by 1 second per 25 Ultimate spent. This effect will not apply to Damage Beams or Damage Tethers. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds per target.
Monster Set – Kargaeda Set
- 1 item: Adds 731 Maximum Magicka and 731 Maximum Stamina
- 2 items: On dealing damage with a Heavy Attack, create a whirlwind that slowly moves forward for 8 seconds growing by 3 meters every 3 seconds. Enemies within the whirlwind take 471 Shock Damage and 471 Physical Damage every second. Allies within the whirlwind reduce their Magicka and Stamina costs by 10%. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds and the damage scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
This Is Just The Beginning
I’ve got to be honest – I don’t know what I’m most excited about! New Dungeons and Trials are always a blast! What are you most excited about? Come visit me on Twitch to let me know! You can join me on Patreon and enjoy EXCLUSIVE Patreon Perks. And be sure to also subscribe on YouTube. I will be reading the patch notes on live stream on Monday so be sure to join me there!
Get a sneak peek at the latest collection of non-combat pets and mounts coming to ESO’s Crown Store in Decenber 2023. Add them to your collections!
Get ready to elevate your fashion game with ESO’s Crown Store arriving in December 2023 from stylish costumes to stunning adornments coming soon!
Have you found the secret boss in Atoll of Immolation? Ruinach Count of Cataclysms is hidden in Havocrel’s Tower. Find him and defeat him!