ESO Ascending Tide DLC Dungeon Preview Coral Aerie Group Dungeon
The Wait Is Almost Over
Coming soon to The Elder Scrolls Online is Ascending Tide, the newest DLC and the first of 2022 and the first of the year-long Legacy Of The Bretons Adventure!
Dropping for PC/Mac/Stadia on March 14, and March 29 for consoles, Ascending Tide will be paired with Update 33. More information on Update 33 can be found in this previous article. For more information about the plan for the Legacy Of The Bretons, check out this article from the global reveal.
Ascending Tide Starts In Summerset
The hardworking team at ESO has promised us a year of intrigue and political mystery. It will all begin with Ascending Tide.
Along Summerset’s northern coast, you will find the colorful caverns of Coral Aerie, a new DLC dungeon. According to Mike Finnigan, ESO’s Encounters Lead, “the local Ascendant Order…uses these ruins as a base to launch attacks against their enemies.” The Coral Aerie location allows access to the sky thus allowing gryphons free movement. And who doesn’t love gryphons?
If you have completed ESO’s Daggerfall Covenant storyline, you will recognize some familiar faces. Captain Kaleen is back and needs help. She was hired to find Jakarn who went missing while on an important mission.
Coral Aerie provided the ESO Dungeon Team an opportunity to create something unique since they’ve never used Summerset, the Elven ruins, or gryphons in a four-player dungeon until now.
What Perils Await?
In addition to gryphons, we’ll also find the deadly forces of the Ascendant Order, giant yaghra monsters, and other deadly and dangerous foes. There will also be some new mechanics.
Explore And Be Rewarded
While exploring Coral Aerie’s secrets and history, you will find new challenges and rewards. “There are nooks and crannies and areas to explore that can reward those brave enough to venture off the beaten path”, says Finnigan.
Coral Aerie will offer unique rewards including achievement titles and collectibles. The Guardian’s Frozen Shard memento will be earned by unlocking the Coral Aerie Conqueror achievement.
Achievements in Coral Aerie
- Aerie Glider – defeat all encounters in addition to Maligalig, Sarydil, and Varallion within 25 minutes of entering Veteran Coral Aerie. Your timer starts upon engaging the first group of enemies.
- Around and Around and Around – travel two kilometers by whirlpool during the battle with Maligalig in Coral Aerie.
- Ascending Tide Delver – complete both Coral Aerie and Shipwrithg’s Regret in Veteran.
- Ascending Tide Explorer – enter either Coral Aerie or Shipwright’s Regret for the first time.
- Ascending Tide Scout – complete both Coral Aerie and Shipwright’s Regret in Normal mode.
- Coral Aerie Challenger – complete the listed achievements for Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Coral Aerie Conqueror – defeat Maligalig, Sarydil, and Varallion in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Coral Aerie Vanquisher – defeat Maligalig, Sarydil, and Varallion in Coral Aerie.
- Coral Compact – collect all Covenants available within Coral Aerie.
- Crustacean Cracker – defeat Maligalig after placing the Challenge Banner in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Globule Gobbler – collect 30 Alchemical Globules in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Gryphon Slayer – defeat 50 gryphons in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy – defeat all encounters in addition to Maligalig, Sarydil, and Varallion after placing the Challenge Banner in Veteran Coral Aerie within 25 minutes without suffering a group member death. Your timer starts upon engaging the first group of enemies.
- Not The Sharpest Knife – defeat Sarydil after placing the Challenge Banner in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Pressure Front – defeat Maligalig without allowing a Storm Front to persist for more than 5 seconds during the fight in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Seafaring Sleuth – complete secrets in both Coral Aerie and Shirpwright’s Regret.
- Shellback – defeat all encounters in addition to Maligalig, Sarydil, and Varallion in Veteran Coral Aerie without suffering a group member’s death.
- Splash Fighter Supreme – destroy two or more Sea Orbs within 5 seconds during the battle with Varallion in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Summerset Preservation Society – defeat Sarydil without allowing her to break any of the stone pillars lining the room in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Superior Pedigree – defeat Varallion after placing the Challenge Banner in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Tentacless Triumph – defeat Marligalig, Sarydil, and Varallion after placing the Challenge Banner and without gaining the benefits of any Covenants in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Tentacular Tenderizer – strike enemies with tendrils 250 times as a group in Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Time Served – find and release the prisoner in the depths of Veteran Coral Aerie.
- Yoghra Slayer – defeat 200 yagura in Veteran Coral Aerie.
Speaking of achievements, with this release base game Update 33 will grant account-wide achievements. With a few exceptions, an achievement earned on any one of your characters will be considered completed across all your characters. Please remember that you must log in to each character to allow their specific achievements to be logged.
While this is definitely a welcome update, ESO is saying this will improve the way the game handles this type of data overall and make the footprint reduced which in turn increases the performance of the game.
Armor Sets & Monster Sets From Coral Aerie
Glacial Guardian (heavy armor)
- 2 items – adds 1487 Armor
- 3 items – adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 items – adds 129 Health Recovery
- 5 items – when you block an enemy within 8 meters of you, tether to them for 8 seconds. While tethered, you deal 348 Frost Damage every second to enemies touching the tether and cause them to have a 200% increased status effect chance. The whether breaks if the target moves more than 12 meters away. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds and the damage scales off your Max Health.
Gryphon’s Reprisal (medium armor)
- 2 items – adds 657 Critical Chance
- 3 items – adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
- 4 items – adds 657 Critical Chance
- 5 items – when you deal Critical Damage, you or an ally can activate Gryphon’s Reprisal on the enemy for 8 seconds, causing a small gryphon to fly by and deal 12012 Bleed Damage over 10 seconds to enemies within 5 meters. This synergy can be applied once every 20 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
Maligalig’s Maelstrom (light armor)
- 2 items – adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 3 items – adds 4% Healing Done
- 4 items – adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 5 items – on overhealing yourself or a group member with a Direct heal, apply Maligalig’s Maelstrom to the target for 6 seconds that deals Shock Damage to enemies within 7 meters. This damage is based on 33% of the overhealded amount, up to 3300. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
Kargaeda (monster set)
- 1 item – adds 731 Maximum Magicka and 731 Maximum Stamina
- 2 items – on dealing damage with a Heavy Attack, create a whirlwind that slowly moves forward for 8 seconds, growing by 3 meters every 3 seconds. Enemies within the whirlwind take 378 Shock Damage and 378 Physical Damage every second. Allies within the whirlwind reduce their Magicka and Stamina costs by 10%. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds and the damage scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
Ebonheart Pact Zone Guides The Ebonheart Pact zones of The Elder Scrolls Online consist of Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen, Stonefalls, Deshaan, Shadowfen, Eastmarch, and The Rift. The Ebonheart Pact is one of three factions in the Elder Scrolls Online. With Mournhold as its capital and Jorunn the Skald-King as its